The House of Tatterdemalion

Unfashionable, unskilled, inexpensive--but still sewing.

Monday, June 26, 2006

New Vogue patterns

I felt like posting some quick commentary on the recently released Vogue patterns. (I look, but rarely buy.)

Long tiered skirts and fitted jackets are now "in":

Example A

Example B

I like jackets, and always long skirts, but I don't think I care for the tiered look. Reminds me of a feather duster.

How Hedious.

It ain't quite the Elizabethian Ruff, but it is a sure-fire way to make sure you keep your chin up. (The smile on your face is, apparently, quite optional.)

Thing one I don't mind the grey/brown one, but the other two would make me choke.

Thing two

Look out, drunk designer on the loose! (Poor thing can't even draw a straight line any more; scroll down and look at the technical drawings.)

Sombody really ran out of fabric.

Military is "in". I like double rows of buttons, so I guess I actully like something that's in. My grandmother would be so proud.

A sneaky re-issue. (I saw this pattern about a year ago. Now it's new again. Go figure.)

Big collars are "in":

There's a dead thing for a collar,

and

another huge collar.

If you want to look like a dork, wear this.

This one has interesting shoulder tucks.

I think this skirt has double inverted box pleats in the front? I like the black and white ensemble, but how come people always pick puke-y shades of green? It looks like split-pea soup, or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home